Pastor Brad Putnam joined Augustana in 2016. He leads our congregation in Sunday worship services and weekly Bible studies.
Pastor Victor Nelson returned to Augustana in 1989 for his second term. While he is retired from weekly services with Augustana, he is still an active member of our congregation. Stop by on a Sunday and visit with him following our service, he'd love to see you!
Brother Richard Jones is a visiting Evangalist at Augustana with a monthly sermon usually held on the 3rd Sunday of the month.
This congregation is Biblical, and believes and confesses that the Bible, comprised of the canonical books of the Old and New Testaments, is the Word of God. The Bible is the uniquely authoritative, infallible, and inerrant revelation of God to mankind. It alone provides a completely adequate foundation for Christian doctrine and practice. No true doctrine or proper behavior conflicts with a simple, clear reading of the Bible.
The purposes of this affiliation include mutual voluntary fellowship, support, guidance, and accountability.
- January 1874 Group of 11 settlers met in the home of John Berg to organize a congregation. They formed the Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Church of Duluth.
- 1889 The first church was built.
- 1917 The present building was constructed.
- 1949 During the Diamond Jubilee the name was changed from Midway Evangelical Lutheran Church to Augustana Evangelical Lutheran Church of Midway.
- 1967 The educational unit was added to the church building.
- 1974 Augustana celebrated 100 years in the community.
- 1989 Victor Nelson begins his second term as Pastor, having served as Pastor from 1961 to 1969.
- 2006 - 2016 Gary Ries serves as Pastor.
- 2008 Affiliated with the Association of Free Lutheran Churches.
- 2009 Church Partner with KDNW & KDNI Christian Radio - http:// kdnw.nwc.edu/page
- 2016 Pastor Victor Nelson celebrates 55 years of service to the Lord.
- 2016 Pastor Brad Putnam begins serving as Pastor.
- 2017 Augustana hosts their first "Night To Shine", a prom for individuals with special needs at Proctor High School.